A loan guarantee is useful if a company wishes to use a bank loan, a lease or bank guarantee but lacks sufficient collateral or operating history to be issued a loan.
- starting enterprise
- established company
- exporting company
Service is suitable if
- the company is creditworthy
- the company’s equity capital meets the requirements set forth in the Commercial Code (KredEx may make exceptions if the company was registered less than 3 years ago)
- the company does not owe state taxes and has no debt to credit institutions
- Loans will not be issued for the following activities or to the following companies:
- Primary production of agricultural products, fishing and aquaculture and forest management;
- Manufacture, processing and marketing of tobacco (and related products);
- Manufacturing, processing and marketing of weapons and ammunition;
- Acquisition of vehicles and equipment for road freight transport;
- Acquisition of vehicles and self-propelled machinery on the basis of an authorization for issuing a guarantee on behalf of KredEx;
- Financing of circulating capital for retail and wholesale companies.
- Real estate development projects for the purpose of sale and leasing out. If real estate development takes place for the purpose of activities unrelated to the company’s own real estate development, including that of subsidiaries and affiliates, it is permitted to let out part of the premises, provided that the receipts from rentals, other than from subsidiaries and affiliates, do not exceed 30% of the loan applicant’s annual turnover;
- Export-related activities that are directly related to quantities to be exported, establishing and operating a distribution network or other current costs stemming from export activity if the issuing of the guarantee constitutes de minimis aid;
- Guarantees related to payment of taxes arising from legislation;
- The applicant’s direct or indirect owners include companies registered in tax havens;
- Decommissioning or establishing nuclear power plants;
- Investments for reducing greenhouse gas emissions generated in the fields listed in Annex I of directive 2003/87/EC
- Investments into airport infrastructure other than in a case where the investments are related to environmental protection or investments related thereto are necessary for alleviating or reducing the unfavourable environmental impact of airport infrastructure;
- Companies operating in the field of gambling;
- The objective of financing is the use of domestic products instead of import products;
- Fields related to pornography, gambling, unlawful download of data and enabling unlawful access to data networks;
- Research and development activity in the field of healthcare, the goal of which is to clone humans or develop genetically modified organisms for research or medical purposes.
- Key conditions:
- The scope of the guarantee is up to 80% of the secured loan, leasing or bank guarantee and in the case of construction sector companies up to 60% of the secured loan, leasing or bank guarantee. The extent of the guarantee for obligations arising from leasing is calculated based on the amount not including VAT
- The maximum guarantee amount for small and medium-sized companies* is 5 million euros. For guarantee amounts over 2 million euros, supplementary conditions specified in Annex 1 must be met
- The maximum guarantee amount for large companies** is 1.5 million euros.
- The guarantee amount decreases in proportion to the loan or leasing amount
- Obligations guaranteed: Loan and loan limits, bank guarantee and bank guarantee limit, including documentary credit, Leasing
- KredEx will guarantee a new loan, bank guarantee or leasing transaction. Refinancing of the obligation with an obligation guaranteed by KredEx must be coordinated with KredEx beforehand.
- Contract fee of up to 1%, and at least 30 euros
*A company is an small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) if it has fewer than 250 employees and its annual turnover is not more than 50 million euros and/or its balance sheet volume is not more than 43 million euros based on the Annex 1 of EU regulation 651/2014.
**A large company is a company that is not an SME.
- Guarantee fee:
- Investment loan, Leasing, Overdraft, Documentary Credit, Reusable Loan Limit, Bank Guarantee - an annual 0.8% to 3.8% of the balance of the guarantee
- Bank guarantee limit - an annual 0.5% to 3.8% of the balance of the KredEx guarantee if a bank guarantee limit is guaranteed
- Fees are charged based on the part of the overdraft, reusable loan limit and bank guarantee limit secured by the KredEx guarantee
- Contract amendment fee of up to 0.2% of the KredEx guarantee balance, at least 30 euros
- Contract premature termination fee of up to 1% of the guarantee balance, at least 30 euros
- The loan applicant’s recommended financial indicators:
- The debt-service coverage ratio (DSCR) should be at least 1.2 after the issue of the loan, according to conservative estimates
- Current ratio of at least 1.1
- Equity capital makes up at least 20% of the balance sheet volume after the obligations to be assumed
- Annex 1:
1.New projects carried out by SMEs related to the following may be financed:
1.1founding of a company;
1.2expansion of the company;
1.3 strengthening the company’s ordinary activity;
1.4 implementing a new project;
1.5 entering new markets;
1.6 new developments at an existing company;
2. Starting from the issue of the loan until the repayment of the loan, the company must be registered in Estonia and its economic activity for which the loan was issued must take place in Estonia.
3. Projects that have not ended or been completed as of the making of the KredEx guarantee decision are eligible.
4. Activities (expenses) that may be financed in the case of projects:
4.1 investments into non-current assets;
4.2 circulating capital if it makes up a part of the project specified in clause 1;
4.3 expenses on acquisition of proprietary rights (upon transition of company) if the transaction takes place between independent investors and makes up a part of the project specified in clause 1;
4.4 expenses on acquisition of registered immovables with or without buildings, on condition that the guarantee loan amount is not greater than 10% of the acquisition cost of the immovable;
4.5 expenses on investments into infrastructure which contribute to urban development or revitalization of cities, on condition that the guarantee loan amount is not greater than 20% of the investment.
5. The guarantee may not be used for bridge financing of support financed from European Union funds or for financing the manufacturing, processing and marketing of weapons or ammunition.
Good to know
- You can find more information about the crisis measures intended to alleviate liqiuidity difficulties caused by the COVID-19 outbreak ON THIS PAGE
- The services provided by KredEx may include state aid, including de minimis aid.
Contact a bank or leasing company to utilize the loan guarantee. To obtain the guarantee, the bank or leasing company will apply to KredEx. Depending on the guarantee amount and the complexity of the project, the guarantee decision may take up to four weeks.
If necessary, KredEx will contact you