Reconstruction grant for small residencesClosed
The receipt of applications has been suspended.
The regulation of the grant has not changed.
The budget of the measure is EUR 1.3 million, and the application round will be open until the budget is exhausted.
By means of the reconstruction grant for small residences, we help owners reconstruct their residences. The objective of the grant is achieving energy efficiency and the better indoor climate of small residences, reducing their energy consumption, and facilitating the adoption of renewable energy.
You can get acquainted with the Regulation governing the grant HERE.
Please send any questions and the documents required to submit an application to the e-mail address email@example.com.
Please Note! The maximum size of one letter is 10MB. Larger messages may not arrive. Larger attachments can be sent via a link or eKredEx.
- Energy savings
- Healthful interior climate
- Better living conditions
Service is suitable if
- the applicant owns a detached house, a section of a semi-detached house or a duplex, a two-apartment residential building or semi-detached house, and also a summer house or garden house, if it will be reconstructed with the help of the grant to be used on a permanent basis, and the intended use of it will be changed in the building register to a detached house;
- the building to be reconstructed has been put into service before 2000;
- the small residence is the applicant’s permanent residence;
- own contribution is available at least in the part that the grant does not cover.
- Main conditions
- Works cannot be commenced and advance payments cannot be made before submitting an application.
- The grant will be disbursed after the construction works have concluded.
- To receive the grant, the applicant’s small residence must have been built under legal grounds and must have been entered into the Register of Buildings; the year of the first occupation of the building must also be entered into the Register of Buildings.
- Thorough reconstruction – a project that is used to comprehensively perform, pursuant to the requirements provided in the conditions of the grant, at least the thermal insulation of the exterior walls and roof, the replacement of windows, reconstruction of the heating system, and installation of a supply and exhaust ventilation system with heat recovery. As a result of reconstruction, at least Class C energy performance must be achieved.
- The supported activities must conform to the requirements specified in sections 19–24 of the Building Code.
- The deadline for performing the supported activities in total is up to 12 months, starting from the date of making the decision to satisfy the application.
- Expenses must be justified, described in the application, and documented. Cash transactions are not eligible for aid.
- Proportion of the grant and the maximum grant amount
- The proportion of the grant is 30 per cent of eligible expenses and the maximum grant amount is EUR 20,000 per small residence.
- With thorough reconstruction, the proportion of the grant of eligible expenses and the maximum grant amount per small residence, except for summer houses and garden houses, is:
- 30 per cent and EUR 30,000 in Tallinn and Tartu as a settlement unit;
- 40 per cent and EUR 40,000 in Harku rural municipality, Jõelähtme rural municipality, Kiili rural municipality, City of Maardu, Rae rural municipality, Saku rural municipality, Saue rural municipality, except for the territory of the former Kernu rural municipality and Nissi rural municipality as at 14 October 2017, Viimsi rural municipality, Luunja rural municipality, Kambja rural municipality and the territory of Tartu rural municipality as at 14 October 2017 and the territory of the former Tähtvere rural municipality as at 14 October 2017;
- 50 per cent and EUR 50,000 in settlement units and administrative units not specified in the two previous clauses.
- With the thorough reconstruction of summer houses and garden houses, the proportion of the grant is 30 per cent of eligible expenses, and the maximum grant amount is EUR 30,000 per small residence.
- Works that are supported
- Thermal insulation of the façade, socle or foundation, and the accompanying works;
- thermal insulation of the roof, ceiling roof or attic ceiling, and the accompanying works;
- replacement or renovation of windows and exterior doors, and the accompanying works;
- thermal insulation of the floor of the first storey or the floor located above an unheated room, and the accompanying works;
- replacement or renovation of the heating system, and the accompanying works;
- construction, replacement or renovation of the ventilation system, and the accompanying works;
- purchase and installation of a renewable energy production device, together with the equipment necessary to transform energy and store the produced energy, and the accompanying works;
- purchase and installation of waste water heat recovery equipment, and the accompanying works;
- other works ensuring direct energy savings that are recommended in the construction project, related to thermal insulation or the replacement of technical building systems;
- restoration of interior finishing originating from supported activities;
- preparation of the construction project necessary to perform the reconstruction works;
- performance of owner supervision;
- preparation of the construction project and owner supervision are eligible for aid if the reconstruction works are performed as a part of the project.
- Requirements for reconstruction works
- exterior walls with thermal transmittance of U ≤ 0.20 (W/m2K) will be thermally insulated (the thermal transmittance requirement is not applicable to the socle and foundation that will be thermally insulated together with the exterior wall);
- roof, ceiling roof or attic ceiling with thermal transmittance of U ≤ 0.20 (W/m2K) will be thermally insulated;
- exterior windows will be replaced with windows with a thermal transmittance of U ≤ 1.10 (W/m2K);
- the thermal transmittance of the floor of the first storey or the floor located above an unheated room is U ≤ 0.25 (W/m2K);
- the heat pump’s product label seasonal performance efficiency class for room heating is at least A++;
- the gas boiler to be installed or renovated must be a condensing boiler;
- with a central heating system to be installed or renovated, the system must be able to be controlled on a room-by-room basis; thermostats must be installed on radiators and floor heating circuits of living rooms and bedrooms;
- the product label energy efficiency class of the ventilation device to be installed must be at least A+;
- in the event that the building does not have a supply and exhaust ventilation system, fresh air valves must also be installed into the exterior wall or window frame of living rooms and bedrooms when insulating exterior walls and replacing windows;
- in the event of purchasing a heating device utilising renewable energy sources, the seller must ensure at least a two-year manufacturer’s warranty for all components, and upon installation, the installer must ensure at least a two-year warranty on installation works;
- in the event of purchasing a renewable energy-based electricity production device and a battery bank, the seller must ensure at least a five-year manufacturer’s warranty for all components, and upon installation, the installer must provide at least a five-year warranty on installation works;
- a connection offer issued by the grid operator is necessary to connect the renewable energy-based electricity production device to the public grid;
- upon connecting the renewable energy-based electricity production device to the technical building systems, the person performing the electrical works must be entered into the Register of Economic Activities under equipment work under the electrical work area of activity, pursuant to the Equipment Safety Act;
- the cost of purchasing the renewable energy-based electricity production device is eligible for aid if its volume is up to 200 kilowatts and the planned yearly production volume does not exceed the yearly energy consumption of the place of consumption;
- the cost related to restoring the interior finishing is eligible for aid in up to 5 per cent of the total cost of reconstruction works; in the event of thorough reconstruction it cannot exceed EUR 2,500, and in any other case it cannot exceed EUR 1,000.
- Main requirements for the applicant and the recipient of the grant
- the applicant must be the owner, who is a natural person, of the immovable property or apartment ownership that has been entered into the land register, or a natural person to whose benefit the right of superficies or the right of superficies in apartments has been constituted;
- in the case of an immovable property, apartment ownership, right of superficies or the right of superficies in apartments that is in joint or common ownership, the applicant must be one of the joint owners, who is a natural person, whom all the other joint owners who are natural persons have authorised to represent them;
- at the moment of submitting the application, the address of the applicant’s permanent residence must coincide with the address of the small residence to be reconstructed, except for a summer house and garden house;
- in the event that the small residence is in the common ownership of a natural and a legal person, the owner who is a natural person can apply for the grant in proportion to the part of the immovable property that they own;
- an application cannot be submitted by an applicant who has breached the conditions of a contract concluded with KredEx in the past five years, or has breached the obligations originating from an administrative act issued by KredEx, which has led to a decision to reclaim the granted aid at least in part.
- Requirements for price quotes for reconstruction works
- Upon ordering reconstruction works, at least three price quotations from enterprises independent of one another must be obtained. The price quotes must be obtained from enterprises fewer than two weeks apart, they must be valid during comparison, and must be made by enterprises who are entitled to operate in the respective field.
- The price quote must be signed by the enterprise and must include:
- the name of the applicant;
- the name of the enterprise;
- the address, phone number and e-mail of the enterprise;
- the date of issuing the price quote;
- the cost of the planned activity with and without value-added tax.
- A successful price quote must be based on the best possible ratio of price and quality. In the event that the cheapest price bid is not selected, then this must be justified in the application.
- In the event that the applicant is unable to obtain three price quotes, they must provide the relevant justification to KredEx on the application form, and attach the notifications of refusing to make a price quote, if possible.
Application and disbursement
- Order the construction project.
- Obtain at least three competing price quotes for the works.
- Fill in the energy consumption data submission form.
- Obtain a connection offer in the event of constructing solar panels.
- Fill in the application and sign it digitally.
- The accompanying documents of the application are:
- the power of attorney, if the person with the right of representation operates on the basis of authorisation;
- construction project in accordance with the Building Code;
- price quotes;
- with thorough reconstruction, energy calculation for certifying energy performance, using a small residence energy performance calculator or simulation calculation;
- the designer’s assessment on the estimated yearly energy production of the device utilising renewable energy sources, if this is not included in the construction project;
- in the event of installing electricity production equipment, the data of yearly electricity consumption of the consumption site, in addition to the estimated yearly energy production;
- the connection offer issued by the distribution network operator, if the renewable energy-based electricity production device is installed in a region with a distribution network.
- The grant will be disbursed to the recipient of the grant pursuant to the conditions of the decision satisfying or partially satisfying the application.
- The grant recipient must submit the disbursement application via e-mail or registered mail on the corresponding form.
- The recipient of the grant may apply for the grant to be disbursed in two parts. The recipient of the grant is entitled to submit the first application for partial payment of the grant, if at least 75 per cent of the total volume of reconstruction works has been accepted; at that, the second disbursement, i.e., the final disbursement of the grant may not be smaller than 15 per cent of the total volume of reconstruction works.
- In the event that the cost of supported activities turns out to be cheaper than the amount specified in the application, the grant will be disbursed pursuant to the percentage specified in the grant decision, guided by the actual cost of activities, but not exceeding the maximum amount of aid specified in the decision satisfying the application.
- In the event that the cost of supported activities turns out to be more costly than the amount specified in the application for aid, the grant will be disbursed in the amount specified in the decision satisfying the application.
- For the grant to be disbursed, the following is required:
- activities that are the basis for the application must be completed;
- the instrument of delivery and receipt must be finalised with the performer of the works;
- if necessary, a use and occupancy notice or use and occupancy permit must be provided, and the service must be paid for, at least in the part that the grant does not cover.
- The recipient of the grant must provide KredEx with the documents or copies of documents certifying the occurrence of expenses, which are:
- the invoice issued and if necessary, the payment order, account or credit card statement certifying the payment thereof;
- the instrument of delivery and receipt of the work, and a construction contract or contract for services, if applicable.
- The recipient of the grant will submit the grant disbursement application to KredEx within 30 working days of signing the instrument of delivery and receipt, submitting the use and occupancy notice or being granted the use and occupancy permit.
- If by the moment of submitting the disbursement application, payment has only been made for the portion of services not covered by the grant, the grant recipient should submit KredEx a payment order or account or credit card statement certifying full payment for the services within 30 business days of making the payment.
- In the event of performing thorough reconstruction, the recipient of the grant will provide KredEx with the energy label based on energy consumption measurements taken in the calendar year following the completion of reconstruction of the small residence, within one month of the respective calendar year ending.
- In any other cases, the recipient of the grant will provide KredEx with the energy consumption data of the calendar year following the completion of reconstruction of the small residence, on the KredEx-approved form, within one month of the respective calendar year ending.
- The recipient of the grant is obligated to ensure the maintenance and targeted use of the property corresponding to the objective of granting the aid for at least five years from the date of making the decision to satisfy the grant application.
- In the event of performing thorough reconstruction, the recipient of the grant is obligated to insure the small residence in at least the five consecutive years following the decision to satisfy the application entering into force.