Supplier credit insurance
The goal of supplier credit insurance is to insure Estonian companies that export capital goods and durable goods with a payment term of more than two years.
In offering the service, we proceed from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries’ international agreement on provision of state export guarantees.
- You save time and money obtaining and evaluating background information on buyers
- You gain the option of selling confidently on new and unknown markets
- You are able to resolve your buyer’s financing issues yourself or through a KredEx export loan
- You will receive assistance in collecting debts
- You will receive compensation if the buyer proves insolvent
- established company
- exporting company
Service is suitable if
- you sell machinery, equipment, IT program development, etc., which is capital intensive
- You wish to obtain an advantage over competitors by offering long payment termy
- you plan to increase export volumes to new levels
- Insurance covers losses your company incurs due to unpaid invoices.
- You will be indemnified for insurance events agreed upon in the insurance policy.
- The insurance is linked to an agreed buyer and an export transaction.
- Insurance covers up to 95% of losses.
- Payment conditions for the export transaction:
• In general, the payment term for buyers is 2–10 years (up to 5 years in OECD countries);
• The prepayment on the basis of the export agreement is at least 15% of the transaction amount;
• Repayments are made as equal instalments The term between payments may be up to 6 months.
Good to know
The supplier credit insurance process
Fill in the form and send it to email@example.com. If you have any questions, contact our account managers.
If you wish to offer a buyer financing through a KredEx export loan, submit an export loan application.
Submit the following information for the buyer:
- financial statements on the buyer for the last three years
- cash flow forecast for the buyer
- Confirmation from the buyer and seller that no bribe was given
Before making an offer, we will make sure whether we understood your company’s needs correctly and explain how the insurance works.
We will make you an offer listing the conditions of the insurance, an analysis of the financial capability of the buyer, and expenses related to the insurance. You can use this information to reach a more detailed understanding with the buyer on the payment conditions of the export agreement.
Once you have agreed on the conditions with the buyer and the offer is suitable for us, we will sign the insurance agreement and you will receive the invoice for the first premium.
If the buyer is late with a payment, first send them a reminder yourself – you have 30 days to do so. If this doesn’t help resolve the problem, let us know within 14 days after the end of the 30-day period. Send us the information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or using the form on our website.
You can file a claim if an insurance event has occurred. An insurance event may be the bankruptcy of your buyer or a situation where an invoice is 90 days past the due date set forth in the payment schedule. Fill in the claim form, appending/attaching documents that substantiate the loss.
We will make the decision on the claim within one month after receiving the application and supporting documents. We will start performing the buyer’s payment obligations on the basis of the schedule.
Before signing the contract, check the terms and conditions of AS KredEx Krediidikindlustus and, if you have any further questions, contact our specialists.