Sales turnover insurance
Sales turnover insurance enables all of the company’s sale transactions or all of the export transactions with buyers in certain target countries to be insured. Thus, you simultaneously mitigate the payment risks of many buyers. During the insurance period you can apply for new credit limits to new buyers and amendment of the previous credit limits.
- You can sell with confidence on Estonian as well as foreign markets.
- You will get more information about the background and payment history of buyers.
- Gives you a competitive advantage, as you can offer a longer payment term.
- You receive assistance in debt collection and compensation for the related costs.
- Insurance covers the damage caused due to unpaid accounts receivable.
- Upon request, you can also insure the sales of your subsidiary or affiliate.
- Credit insurance can be used as a guarantee when financing sales invoices with factoring or other financial services.
Service is suitable if
- you want to insure the sale in a wider sense and you have buyers in Estonia, as well as in foreign countries,
- you plan to increase your export volume,
- you sell on credit, i.e. you grant a long payment term to the buyer.
- The buyers may be located in Estonia, as well as abroad.
- You apply for a credit limit for each buyer within which the sale is guaranteed to them.
- Generally, the payment term granted to a buyer is up to 90 days and must be in line with the terms and conditions of the insurance contract.
- KredEx must be informed of the payment default of a buyer within the agreed time.
- In the event of a payment default, the buyer’s credit limit will be closed.
- You must be careful in your economic activity to prevent damage from occurring or increasing.
- Insurance indemnity is granted in case of an insured event agreed upon in the contract.
- Insurance indemnity is subject to an excess.
- You cannot insure the payment risk of your affiliated company.
- Claims against private individuals, fines for delay, contractual penalties, service charges of credit institutions, foreign exchange losses, customs fees, and other charges are not covered.
To enter into a contract, fill in the insurance contract application form and send it to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, contact our account managers.
Before making the offer we will make sure that we have correctly understood your insurance need and will explain to you how the insurance works.
After reviewing the application we will assess your buyers’ portfolio and make you an offer that contains the terms and conditions of insurance and the contract-related costs.
When preparing the offer we consider the information on the area of activity of your company, the number of markets, buyers, size of the applied credit limits, estimated volume of insured sales, previous loss events and other circumstances relevant to the conclusion of the insurance contract.
If the offer is suitable, we will sign the insurance contract and you will receive an invoice for paying the insurance premium or its first instalment. The contract is valid for 12 months.
There are two types of costs related to the insurance contract: insurance premium (calculated on sales) and the costs associated with assessing the buyers.
We assign the maximum amount of credit for each of your company’s buyers, within which the sale to the buyer is covered by insurance. During the insurance year you can apply for credit limits for new buyers and the amendment of the amount of credit limits.
The credit limit granted to a buyer depends in particular on their creditworthiness.
At the end of each quarter, we’ll expect your turnover declaration of insured sales. At the end of the insurance period we will ascertain the final size of the insurance premium based on the actual sales data.
If a buyer delays the payment of invoice, remind them first of the payment obligation yourself. If this doesn’t help resolve the situation, inform us of the buyer’s debt within the term set out in the insurance contract. To do so, send us a notice on the payment default to the e-mail address email@example.com or use the web form.
You can apply for the insurance indemnity after the occurrence of an insured event, that is after the buyer has gone bankrupt or after a long-term payment default (at least 180 days). To do so, send an insurance indemnity application together with documents evidencing the damage to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or use the web form.
We will make the decision on the payment of the insurance indemnity within one month after receiving the application and supporting documents.
Before signing the contract, check the terms and conditions of AS KredEx Krediidikindlustus and, if you have any further questions, contact our specialists.