Export transaction insurance
The purpose of export transaction insurance is to give companies peace of mind when they are transacting business on foreign markets. This agreement provides additional protection when you are already using other KredEx services. The service allows your company to offer flexible payment terms for buyers abroad. If they are unable to pay invoices properly, your company will not suffer as a result.
- You can insure a single sales transaction and the entirety of the payment risk associated with a foreign buyer
- You can boldly start sales in an unknown foreign market
- You can get more information about a buyer’s background and financial situation
- You gain a competitive advantage as instead of asking for a prepayment, you offer customers a payment term
- You gain assurance that you will receive payment after shipping goods
- You will receive compensation if the customer proves insolvent
- You will get assistance in collecting debts
- starting enterprise
- established company
- exporting company
Service is suitable if
- You are taking your first steps in export
- You need to execute a one-time export transaction
- You have only a few buyers in foreign market
- The payment term for your buyers is up to 180 days
- Insurance covers losses your company incurs due to unpaid invoices
- Insurance indemnifies you for insurance events agreed in the insurance policy
- The buyer’s country of location is outside Estonia
- The payment term for your customers is generally 90 days (not more than 180 days)
- Insurance covers up to 85% of losses
- Your expenses on the insurance policy comprise the premium and the fee for evaluation of buyers
- You are required to provide timely notice to KredEx should a buyer be late with a payment
The insurance process
Enter the data to calculate the expenses on credit insurance. The calculator gives you an estimate of the insurance premium and application fee (i.e. the buyer evaluation fee). The precise amount of the premium will be determined after we have performed a background check on the buyer.
Please enter the data for your company and the buyer.
Once we have received the application fee, we will analyse your company’s buyer and financial capability.
After the background check on the buyer, we will send you a detailed offer. Usually this will take 1-2 days, and up to 2 weeks for more exotic countries. The insurance offer is good for three months.
If the offer was suitable, pay the insurance premium. Once it has been received by KredEx, the insurance coverage will be in force.
If a customer is late with a payment, first send them a reminder yourself. If this doesn’t help resolve the problem, let us know within 15 days of the end of the first collection attempt (you can find this on the insurance policy and it is usually 15-30 days). Send us the information by email to email@example.com or using the form on our website.
You can file a claim if an insurance event has occurred. An insurance event may be the bankruptcy of the buyer or situation where an invoice 180 days past due. Fill in the claim form, appending/attaching documents that substantiate the loss.
We will make the decision on the claim within one month after receiving the application and supporting documents. We will communicate our decision to you in writing.
Before signing the contract, check the terms and conditions of AS KredEx Krediidikindlustus and, if you have any further questions, contact our specialists.