The KredEx export loan is intended for financing transactions involving the export of goods produced in Estonia, and the loan is issued to an Estonian exporter. The purpose of the export loan is to provide the foreign buyer with a repayment term of at least two years, and to finance the payment of the credit insurance premium and, if necessary, the production of goods to be sold to the foreign buyer.
The target audience is all exporters.
- The export loan helps companies find new customers and grow export volumes
Service is suitable if
- the company is sustainable and solvent and
- equity capital meets the requirements set forth in the Commercial Code and
- the company has been entered into the Commercial Register of the Republic of Estonia and does not have non-deferred overdue debts and
- the Members of the Management Board of the company are trustworthy and competent and
- the company has experience in similar export projects.
- Loans will not be granted to the following activities and undertakings
- Companies involved in agriculture, fishery and logging, not including activities related to processing of agricultural products and timber processing.
- Firearms and tobacco industry
- The company’s owners include companies registered in tax havens
- Companies in difficulty
- Loan amount
Generally up to EUR 3 million per buyer, but not more than 85% of the transaction value
- Loan interest
At a minimum, the loan interest is equal to the market rate. The interest rate is calculated on the basis of the risk level of the company and the project, using the guarantee fee rates for investment loans multiplied by a coefficient of 1.3
- Contract fees
- The contract fee is 1% of the loan amount
- The contract amendment fee is 0.2% of the loan balance
- Loan period
- Repayment of the loan
The foreign buyer makes payments at least twice per year
- Prerequisites for granting a loan
1. Insuring the credit and political risk related to the foreign buyer, and designating KredEx as a beneficiary in the insurance contract. The insurance cover for credit and political risk must be at least 95% of the balance of the credit granted to the foreign buyer.
2. Assigning the claim arising from the export transaction against the foreign buyer to KredEx as of the delivery of the goods to the foreign buyer.
3. Insuring production risk in the case of financing the production of goods sold to an external buyer.
4. Provision of other collateral in favour of KredEx, if necessary.
- Recommended financial indicators of the loan recipient
- equity capital makes up at least 30% of the balance sheet volume
- liquidity coefficient of at least 0.8
- The loan service coefficient is at least 1.1 according to conservative estimates
Good to know
- You can find more information about the crisis measures intended to alleviate liqiuidity difficulties caused by the COVID-19 outbreak ON THIS PAGE
- The precondition for issuing the loan is that the KredEx Krediidikindlustus must insure the credit risk and political risk associated with the foreign buyer, see link to insurance page.
- Find out more about Enterprise Estonia’s services for businesses here
The exporter submits an application for the export loan and export credit insurance to KredEx Krediidikindlustuse AS. The application must be accompanied by:
- financial forecasts;
- an overview of the company and a description of the transaction;
- (audited) annual report for the ended financial year and an interim report for the current year that is not older than three months.
Junior Client Manager