Factory reconstruction grant for apartment buildings
The aims of providing the grant are:
- facilitating the adoption of new technical solutions in the reconstruction of apartment buildings
- achieving energy efficiency and a better indoor climate for apartment buildings
- reducing energy dependency and greenhouse gas emissions.
The grant can be obtained in the extent of 50% or up to EUR 1,000,000 per apartment association.
The application round is not open yet.
Applications can be submitted from 1 November 2020 to 1 February 2021.
- apartment association
- Supported activities
In issuing the grant, the supported activities are:
- reconstructing the interior finishing and the related works that are necessary due to the replacement of windows, fire doors and front doors and construction of the heating and ventilation system
- replacement or renovation of windows and doors, and the accompanying works
- reconstruction and thermal insulation of the roof and ceiling roof, adding an awning, and the accompanying works
- installation of an elevator to guarantee entry into and exit from the building; installation of ramps and handrails on landings, and the accompanying works
- reconstruction and thermal insulation of the basement, and the accompanying works
- replacement, reconstruction and balancing of the heating system, preparing a report on the balancing of the heating system, and the accompanying works
- purchasing and installation of equipment necessary for use of local renewable energy, and the accompanying works
- reconstruction or addition of balconies and loggias, installation of glass or replacement of balconies, and the accompanying works
- construction of a ventilation system with heat recovery or reconstruction of the ventilation system, and the accompanying works
- installation, replacement or reconstruction of the water and sewerage system, and the accompanying works
- replacement or reconstruction of the electrical system in public areas of the building, and the accompanying works
- preparation of a construction project necessary for the performance of work specified in clauses 1 to 12, and preparation of the construction survey and building audit that are the basis for it
- performance of owner supervision
- using the services of a technical consultant pursuant to subsection 8 (3)
Thermal insulation of the façade and the roof are supported activities if they utilise prefabricated exterior wall and roof components, and only works related to the installation of the components take place near the building.
- Eligibility period of the project
- Expenses for activities performed and obligations taken by the applicant before submitting the application to KredEx shall not be eligible.
- The eligibility period of the project is up to 24 months as of making the decision to satisfy the application.
- Only once during the eligibility period of the project may the recipient of the grant apply for an extension of the eligibility period of the project for up to 18 months if, during the implementation of the project, extraordinary circumstances independent of the recipient have arisen, and on the condition that the project’s activities will be finished by 31 August 2024, at the latest.
- Maximum amount of the grant
The grant can be obtained in the extent of 50% of the eligible expenses, or up to EUR 1,000,000 per apartment association.
The rate of own contribution must cover the part of the eligible costs in the project that will not be compensated with the grant. Aid from another measure or funds from the state budget, funds from other public sector aid or foreign aid shall not be considered as own contribution.
List of technical consultants (updated on a continuous basis)
The apartment association shall select a technical consultant who will help to prepare for the general meeting, including collecting information from the KredEx website, regulations and the letter of explanation, researching the estimated cost* of all works, and describing the extent of the projects and the works to be performed, if necessary.
If no technical consultant has been selected, the apartment association shall perform the aforementioned activities.
* The estimated cost includes design work, insulation of the façade and roof, window replacement, reconstruction of the heating system, installation of a ventilation system with heat recovery, replacement of water and sewage pipes, and the updating of the electrical system. In the case of certain building types, the construction of new balconies as well. In determining the estimated price, the consultant is able to make estimated recalculations based on what has been done before, and to what degree. The order and manner of how all works will be performed is left for the main contractor to plan.
See additional information on standardised houses in this presentation.
A technical consultant will be selected at the General Meeting, if necessary; a decision will be made on the reconstruction; a description of the works and the accompanying services will be provided; and a decision made on whether to take out a loan and the maximum amount thereof.
The apartment association is required to present an energy performance certificate based on the measured energy consumption data for the building. If there is no energy performance certificate, or the existing energy performance certificate was prepared before 2013, then a new energy performance certificate must be ordered.
The apartment association shall submit the grant application to KredEx, to which the minutes of the General Meeting, the energy performance certificate, and the list of members shall be appended, no more than 30 calendar days before the submission of the application.
KredEx shall process the application and, if necessary, provide 10 working days to rectify any deficiencies.
KredEx shall notify the apartment association if the application has been declared compliant and will undergo evaluation.
If the application does not meet the conditions, KredEx shall make a decision to reject the application.
Upon the closing of the application round, on 1 February, KredEx shall start evaluating all applications deemed compliant, dividing them into groups by standardised designs, and creating a ranked list of all applications inside each group.
If there are more funds to be allocated than applications in the first group, the respective budget shall be subject to general redistribution.
KredEx shall organise mini-competitions for groups of houses between undertakings found in the course of public auction.
KredEx shall make a decision to satisfy the grant, in which a designer and builder will be determined for the apartment association, and the association will enter into a design contract and a construction contract with this undertaking.
The apartment association shall request offers for owner supervision.
When choosing, it is important that the service provider is assigned additional tasks:
- to check, at an on-site visit to the factory, the conformity of the documentation of the components
- to check the conformity to the construction project
KredEx must be involved in supervision as an authorised party.